Monday, April 7, 2014

Week 48... Week one in Lakota Creek!

Hey!
This week has been great! :)  I am so thankful for this opportunity that I have to serve here in the Lakota Creek ward!  I have already enjoyed my first week here!  I have already learned a lot and am excited to continue to learn the area better!  This week I have really been working on trying to learn the area and figure out ways that we can better help the ward.  So we have Elders in the ward as well and Elder Dawson (from my MTC district) is serving in the ward with us! :)  His companion is from Vietnam and both of them are great to work with!  Our ward mission leader is great too!  He is black (he prefers to be called 'chocolate') and is so fun!  He is also teaching us self defense!  He is going to be great to work with as well!
Sister Swapp is a great companion!  She is such a sweetheart and is a hard worker.  She is from St. George, Utah.  It's super fun because we get along great and really enjoy a lot of the same things!  This is going to be a great transfer with her!
This week were we able to have a lesson with our investigator Shelia.  It was a great lesson about the Book of Mormon and she said she would read it.   We also told her about General Conference and while we were there, she set the TV so that it would record the sessions so she could watch them!  It was so cool to see how excited she was to be able to watch them!  
We also had a lesson with our investigator Rob.  He was really nice and understood the gospel of Jesus Christ when we taught it!  I am so excited for him and his willingness to be baptized on the 3rd of May.  He is struggling with trying to get off coffee right now but he is doing pretty well.  Hopefully he can break that habit.
Conference Weekend was great!  Like I always say, the best two weekends of the year!  I love conference!  I learned so much from this conference as well! I loved President Uchtdorf, Quinton L. Cook, and Elder Bednar's talks!  I actually just loved it all.  I am so thankful for all the things that I was able to learn from conference and for the things I can implement into my life. 
That's about it for this first week in Lakota Creek.  Thank you for your love and prayers!
Love,
Sister Megan Hills


"Gratitude is a catalyst to ALL Christlike Attributes" -- President Dieter F. Uchtdorf

Sister Parry and Sister Hills
Graham
Elk Plain Ward
Transfer Day

Sister Swapp and Sister Hills
Federal Way
Lakota Creek Ward

No comments:

Post a Comment