Monday, December 23, 2013

Week 33

Merry Christmas everyone!

This week was pretty good!  We worked really hard and were able to meet a bunch of Less-active members that we didn't know.  Friday, we also had a wonderful Christmas Activity with the mission.  We did a white elephant exchange (I ended up with sticky notes, colored pencils, and mechanical pencils (a great present I must say) by the end of the game), then we went into the chapel and listened to a bunch of musical numbers.  They all were so, so pretty!  I wasn't able to throw something together fast enough so I had the opportunity to just sit and listen... not always something I get to do. Then President and Sister Eaton spoke a little bit, we sang a bunch of Christmas hymns, and then we watched "The Nativity" with the volume off and "Breath of Heaven" by Amy Grant playing.  It was such a neat thing to watch!  The spirit was so strong and it was so peaceful.  By the way, if you want to watch it, you can find it on Youtube.  
President and Sister Eaton also gave all of us a little present with a Mormon Tabernacle Choir CD and they gave us a picture of the Savior.  Sister Eaton told us about this picture when she spoke and explained why they were giving it to us.  President and Sister Eaton were able to go to some training that was with Elder Ballard and this is what Elder Ballard said about the picture of the Savior, "I carry with me a picture of the Savior, and when I'm at the extremity and wonder if I'm going to get across the goal, I just look at Him.  And all of a sudden, I can do whatever I have to do.  Keep Him close."  I know that Elder Ballard's statement about that picture is true.  I have only had that picture for a couple of days but I have carried it everywhere and it truly has helped me when I don't feel like I can do what I have to do.  I am so thankful for this Christmas season and for the time that we have to celebrate our Savior's Birth.  I am so thankful that I am out here on my mission serving Jesus Christ at the time of His birth.  I can't wait to see what other special experiences I have on Christmas and I am so grateful for that.
Hope everyone has a wonderful Christmas and a Happy New Year!  I love each on of you and am so proud to have you as my family and friends!
Love,

Sister Megan Hills

No comments:

Post a Comment