Monday, December 9, 2013

Week 31! :)

Hello from FREEZING Washington!
This week was amazing!  We had so many miracles even when I was not super excited to be outside in this freezing weather!  It's been super cold here, like high's only in the 20's.  Not a fan.  We were able to find 4 new investigators this week by tracting and teaching formers!  It was such an awesome experience to see tracting actually work!  We talked to a bunch of really nice people this week, even if they ended up saying that they weren't interested in learning more.  We even have some really good laughs as we go tracting too!  One night, we were tracting and Sister Parry clothes-lined herself with a rope that was holding a tarp on a car!  It was so funny!  I didn't see the rope until right before she clothes-lined herself and I didn't get it out of my mouth fast enough.  It was so funny!  I love laughing! 
We also were able to stop by two of our former investigators (Krista and Melissa) and they were super nice as well!  We were able to set up return appointments with them for this week and we also committed Krista to baptism on January 4th! :)  I am so excited to see how she will progress.  She and her son seemed really involved with the Restoration when we taught them.  Her son was trying to understand why there are so many churches and it was fun to see Krista thinking and trying to help her son understand what we were teaching.  She was trying to explain it in a way that her son could understand and that really helped me know that she was understanding what we were teaching her.
We were able to have a lesson with one of our potential investigators.  Her name is Tanya and she is awesome!  Her husband is related to Joseph Smith!  It's so weird to think that they are not members!  They would be amazing in the Gospel!  We were able to talk to her a lot about the Priesthood because she had a ton of questions about it!  It was such an awesome lesson!
We also have been teaching Amelia.  Her family are members but she recently turned 8 and her parents asked us to make sure she is prepared for her baptism that is on Saturday.  I have to say, Amelia soaks everything up!  Sister Parry and I taught her the 10 Commandments last week, using our hands, and she loved it!  She always remembered them when I would quiz her as we were learning them.  She loves learning and I have enjoyed being able to teach her.  It's so fun to teach little kids!
Yesterday was awesome!  We were able to go watch the First Presidency Christmas Devotional and enjoy the stake's activity that went with it.  We also were able to get one of our investigators, Amber, and her daughter, Madi, to come to it.  I think that Amber had a really good time but it will be interesting to ask her about it when we go teach her again this week. I really hope she had fun and that she felt the Spirit.
Also.... a little side note for those of you who have sent letters to me lately.... All of my letters have been being forwarded to the old house that I lived in so I just got a handful of them from the Sisters that took our spot in that house yesterday.  I will try to get replies sent out to everyone but if not, know that I will write you back next week.  Thank you so much for all of you love and prayers.
Pictures.... All of the Sisters at the Thanksgiving activity, my tree and cards, Sister Parry and I, and Mt. Rainier on a really clear day.
It's been great to really work on establishing stronger faith and to see the results from it this week!  I know that this Gospel is the restored truth on earth today.  I know that Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ love each one of us personally and that They want us to return to live with Them.  I know that this is where I am supposed to be at this time in my life and I am so thankful for this privilege that I have to serve Him.  I am so thankful for the things I am learning while I am on my mission and for the things that push me to become better!  Know that all of you are in my prayers and that I think of you often!
Love you all!
Love,

Sister Megan Hills





No comments:

Post a Comment