Monday, December 16, 2013

Week 32

Hello from Graham, Washington!

This week was so good! :)  We were able to have a lot of lessons and have many miracles throughout the week!  Not a ton of note-worthy things happened but it still was amazing!  
We had some crazy experiences while we were tracting this week!  1) I hove now found a way to stay warm regardless of how many layers I put on in the morning... Hot Hands warmers in my shoes!  It has been awesoem especially when we have been knocking on doors because I stay warm and I don't freeze.  2)  We knocked on a couple doors that had Sister Parry and I laughing after we left.  One door we knocked on was opened by a Catholic lady.  She was kind of rude while we were talking to her and she wasn't interested.  When we were leaving, as she was shutting the door, I yelled "Merry Christmas!"  She had shut the door all the way but she quickly opened it back up and said, "Thanks for saying Merry Christmas.  I am so sick of all this 'Happy Holidays' crap!" and then she shut the door.  Both Sister Parry and I were laughing so hard because it was just so random and silly.  3) We then knocked on another door and we heard footsteps come to the door after we knocked.  All of the sudden, we heard from the other side of the door, "We're not interested."  I then asked, "Is there anything we can do for you?"  The female on the other side said, "We're not interested."  I then said, "Merry Christmas" and we were on our way to the next door.  It was so funny because that drives me nuts when they don't answer the door and just yell through it but it didn't bother me that day.
This week we were also privileged to have Elder Corbridge (from the Seventy) and his wife come speak to us on Tuesday.  It was so amazing!  I learned so many things and was so blessed to have been able to have that opportunity.  I will say that I have never felt so mentally and emotionally exhausted from being in a meeting all day before.  I was completely drained of energy the next couple days because there was such an amazing spiritual outpouring that day.  He truly is called of God.
One of the amazing miracles that we were blessed to have started out on Friday night while we were planning.  Sister Parry was looking through the area book and came across some old progress records that were dated back in August.  Sister Parry was looking at one of them and saw that a girl named Brittney was on that specific sheet.  I knew that she wasn't being taught by Sister Mosbrucker and Sister Gardner, so we text Elder Wilson and asked him about her.  He knew exactly who she was and where she lived.  We asked him if him and Elder Moody were teaching her and he told us no.  We decided to plan her in to go see her on Saturday.  Saturday afternoon came and we went to go see Brittney.  We decided to take her door as a door approach since she didn't know either of us.  When she answered the door, we started talking to her to get a feel of where she was at and what she believed.  She then mentioned that she had been meeting with the "boy missionaries" and then we started to ask her about what she had learned from them.  She had a lot of positive things to say about the Elders and about the Church.  We then asked her if we could share a message with her and she said that we could and invited us in.  Brittney has such a special spirit about her.  She is 20 and has Asbergers. She was so open and had so many wonderful questions.  She knows that she is loved by Heavenly Father but she doesn't understand why she deserves that love.  It was so rewarding to testify that He really does love her and to try and help her understand.  The Spirit was so strong as we were teaching her.  Once we got back in the car, Sister Parry and I talked about what happened while we were teaching Brittney.  We both felt like we weren't so much focused on helping her enter the waters of baptism, but that we were more focused on helping her make those steps to enter the temple and to receive eternal life.  It was such a neat experience and my feelings about it are so hard to explain.  I am so thankful for that opportunity to be there teaching Brittney and to feel our Savior's love so much more.
I am so thankful for the rewarding opportunity that I have to serve a mission and to testify of our Savior and Redeemer, Jesus Christ.  I know that through Him we can be cleansed from sin and that we can return to live with Him and Heavenly Father for eternity.
Thanks for everything you do for me!  I love and appreciate you all so much!
Love,

Sister Megan Hills

No comments:

Post a Comment