Monday, May 27, 2013

Week 3 :)

Hey Everyone!

This past week was a pretty good week.  We were able to teach the Weavers a couple times, Elizabeth once, and Heidi once.   When we went over to Elizabeth's house, we were on our way home for our dinner break when I thought that we could stop over there.  She was the only one home but we were able to teach her more about the Book of Mormon and prayer.  That was such a cool experience!  When we were getting ready to pray, we asked her if she would like to say the prayer.  She hesitated a little bit so Sister Crockett asked her if she would say it after one of us said it.  She said she would.  When she started her prayer, it was so simple and sincere that it made me smile!  She did such a great job!  After we asked her how she felt and she said, "I feel as if a weight was lifted off of my shoulders, and I feel super happy!"  I was able to testify to her that she was feeling the Holy Ghost.  I could definitely feel the Spirit the whole time we were talking to her, and I most definitely feel like she felt it as well. :)
Sister Weaver is progressing well.  She has been to church both Sundays since we met her and we were able to teach her about the Restoration when we met with her on Thursday night.  We scheduled another appointment with them on Saturday evening and we were able to teach her about the Plan of Salvation as well as the Word of Wisdom.  She apparently drinks coffee but it was amazing to see her want to change.  We asked her if she would commit to living the Word of Wisdom and she said, "Yes I will.  I know what I need to do."  It will be exciting to go back this week and see how she did!  I've been praying for her!  She seems to be taking everything in really well which makes me super excited! :)
This week were were also able to go and teach Heidi on Friday evening.  She is such a sweetheart and is really interested in learning more about the gospel.  When we went over there, we were planning on teaching her about the Gospel of Jesus Christ and the Word of Wisdom.  When we got there, we asked her if she had read 3 Nephi 11 and she said no.  It was a bummer to hear that but we were somewhat expecting it because she had been sick all week and was sleeping a lot.  We threw out our plans to teach the Gospel of Jesus Christ and the Word of Wisdom and ended up reading some of 3 Nephi 11 with her.
A couple days ago, we were tracting and ran into a couple guys that we sat and talked with for a little bit.  One of them was really closed off and didn't want to hear what we were saying (because of experiences he has had with family members) but the other guy's name is Lance.  He had lots of questions for us that we tried answering to the best of our ability and we were able to give him a copy of the Book of Mormon.  I hope something comes from that conversation because he seemed really interested.

I have been out on my mission for.... wait for it..... 1 MONTH! :)  In the mission, it's tradition to go get a treat or something on the month anniversaries of being out on your mission.  They call it "Click Days."  So Friday for my click day, we went and got Jamba Juice!  I'll send you the picture I took next week (I left my camera cord in the apartment).

Mom, to answer your questions:
1) So that lady that I told you about that I gave a Book of Mormon and placed her on date for baptism... We've tried every week (or a couple times during the week) to go teach her but she hasn't ever been home when we go over.  There's always someone else there but she hasn't been there.  I believe she does daycare stuff so she's home at crazy hours.
2) The ward is FANTASTIC!  They work really well with us and are always willing to go with us to appointments.  They always come up and talk to us and want to know which investigators are at church on Sunday.
3) That's a lot of stuff that is going on in the ward!  I can't believe how many people are moving!
4) Tell Alli and AJ (Raj) that I just want something from them!
5) Thanks for the necklace!  I've been wearing it every day since I got it in the mail!
6) I got your package on Monday, your letter on Tuesday, and the necklace in the mail on Friday! :) Thanks a bunch!
7) That's cool about the Washington License Plates :) Whenever people ask me where I am from, they almost always know someone down in Lehi! :) It's crazy how many people know where Lehi is!
8) I'm not sure where that reading list is but it's either in my desk drawer or on the bottom big shelf in my closet.
9) Last but not least.... HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY DAD! And HAPPY BELATED MOTHER'S DAY MOM! :) I realized I forgot to tell both of you that when we Skyped and even last week in the email.

That's about all the exciting stuff for the week.  We had a lot of plans fall through and not a lot of people interested in learning but we kept pushing through. :) It's been a good week none the less! :)

Love all of you guys!

Love,

Sister Megan Hills

No comments:

Post a Comment