Monday, May 20, 2013

Week 3 (I guess technically Week 2 but my 3rd email)!


Hey Hey!

Holy cow!  The time is flying by!  I can't believe that I have been in Seattle for 2 weeks already!!!!  It has been so good already! :) It's been tough but it's totally been worth it!

This week has been good and bad. Monday we were able to find a couple new investigators. Their names are Heidi and David. David had a bunch of questions about the Book of Mormon. It was fun to talk to him and explain a little bit about the Book of Mormon. Heidi was very sweet and willing to listen to what we had to say. She has 4 kids and has an ex-boyfriend that she broke up with because he was doing drugs and she didn't like it. We had an appointment to go back and teach her on Friday. 

Tuesday-Friday basically all of our appointments fell through (except for Heidi's) and not very many people wanted to talk to us. It was quite rough for me because I was always so excited to get out and teach the gospel to everyone, but I worked hard at keeping a positive attitude and just letting it roll off of my shoulders. Friday night was good though because we had Heidi's appointment and we asked one of the ladies in our ward to come with us. Her name is Sister Belo. Heidi could totally relate to Sister Belo so the appointment went well! We put Heidi on date for June 15th! :) She was so willing to listen and she seemed committed to follow through with the commitments we left with her. I can't wait to go back and teach her again! 

After we finished at Heidi's house, we went and contacted a referral we got from someone in our ward. We went to go see the Weaver family. They are a part-member family, the father and his daughter are members. We went over there to get to know them better (because Sister Crockett and I didn't know much about them) and we shared Ether 12:6 with them. After we said the closing prayer and were getting ready to go, the mother (she's not a member) told us, "I had a question to ask you, but I'll just ask you when you guys come over next." We told her that we weren't in a big hurry and that she could ask us right then if she wanted to. The next thing she said shocked me! She said, "How do you feel about converting someone?" We said, "That's the reason we are here." She then said, "I want to be baptized before my son gets baptized." Her son just turned 8 last week. Let me tell you, I was SHOCKED but I was so happy! We asked her when she would like us to come over again and she just told us to come back over next week sometime. I can't wait! :)

Yesterday, Elizabeth (the 17-year-old) and the Weaver family were AT CHURCH! :D  I was so excited! :)  We talked to Elizabeth after church and she said that she really enjoyed church.  I keep praying that she will want to come back next week! :) 

Dad, I don't know what to tell you about Pete and Sherri.  I think they might need to get permission to take my companion and I out for lunch/dinner but I don't know what the best way to do that is.  They could probably call the Mission Office and just ask.  No, I haven't had to give a talk yet!  Thank goodness! :)  I hope your talk went well! :)  Can't wait to get a copy in the mail!  My address is:

They are kind of some rough apartments (at least the area kind of is) but now you have it :)

Oh!  Yesterday, guess who I saw in the church!  I saw Meghan down the hallway and she came over and gave me a hug!  It was so fun to see her! :)  She was so sweet and was excited to hear how life was going! :) 

I think that's about all I have for updates for this week! :) Feel free to email me questions that I can answer when I email you guys back!  And look up "Rhododendrons" and "Fuchsias" in Google!  Both of those flowers are EVERYWHERE up here!  They are absolutely breathtaking because they are so bright and the Rhododendrons pretty much look like a pink (or other colors) bush!  You can barely see the green leaves that are on the bush because of all of the flowers!  Thank you for your prayers and your support! :)  I am loving the work and all that is accompanied with it! :)

I love you guys!

Love,
Sister Megan Hills

No comments:

Post a Comment