Monday, August 19, 2013

Week 15

Hey Hey!
This week was kind of a slower week but it still wasn't bad at all.  We really focused this week on getting referrals from members so we had quite a few lessons with members (sort of without meaning to).  We weren't planning on having a lot of member lessons but we had quite a few opportunities to see members come up throughout the week.  On Wednesday, we went to go contact a referral that we had received (her name is Anna) and we ended up talking to Anna's daughter, Alex.  Alex was baptized not too long ago so it was fun to get to know her and be able to ask her about what she liked about the church that sort of enticed her to become a member.  We are going to go see Anna again sometime this week and hopefully be able to start teaching her and her family.
Also this week, we went and contacted another referral that we had received.  Brother and Sister Balls gave us this referral for their next-door neighbor.  When we went over there, we could see someone in the kitchen but there was some Christian music playing and so they didn't hear us knocking at the door.  We saw the lady inside leave the kitchen and then heard the side door open.  We were thinking, "Why is she coming out that way?"  Then her son, Hayden, was walking past us so we started to talk to him.  His mom heard him talking and started walking outside to see who he was talking to when she saw us in the window and screamed.  Apparently we scared her because she wasn't expecting us to be there.  We were able to visit with her and get to know her a little bit.  Her name is Rhianna and she, as well as her family, are Seventh Day Adventists.  I didn't know too much about that religion so as we were talking, we were trying to think of things that we had sort of in common and what was different.  I really enjoyed learning about their religion and getting to know them.  Then Rhianna's husband got home (his name is Jason), and we sang "I Am a Child of God" for them and said a prayer with them.  After we had prayed, Rhianna looked at both of us for a second and then she asked, "Would the two of you like to stay for dinner?"  We were able to stay for dinner and get to know them even better.  It was a real testimony builder about how music softens people's hearts and helps them be more willing to listen to what you have to say.
This week we had Zone Conference!  It was super, super awesome!  I learned so much and can't wait to put it into practice!  The Spirit was so strong.  I learned about ways to deal with stress (I have been having quite a few headaches lately that I think is from tension from stress), that I need to be my best self when I am talking with people, being able to discern the needs and concerns that people may have, etc., etc., etc.  I took a bunch of notes too! :)  It's crazy how the longer I am out here and the more I interact with President Eaton and his family, the more I love them.  Every time  I talk to them, my love for them grows.  I definitely am able to see how important Charity is while serving a mission.  We also found out on Thursday that we are able to only go to the temple once a year... :( That's definitely a little bit sad because I was looking forward to going roughly every other transfer.  It just means that I will be more excited to go when we do get to go!  And I know I will be going to the temple a ton after I get home.
We also got a new car this week!  It's a white 2013 Corolla and it is AWESOME!  It's so cool because you are able to sync it with you phone so you can answer it while you drive!  We got a new car because on July 4th, someone backed into our car while it was parked.  Don't worry, we weren't in the car :)  So they switched out our car so they could go get it fixed.  Unfortunately, the new Corolla is only temporary. :(
We also made omelets for breakfast yesterday and I finally got it to fold over really well so I had to take a picture and show you Mom!
That's about all that has happened this week that's exciting.  Hopefully next week will be a little bit more on the exciting part when it comes to teaching lessons.  I am so thankful for all that you do for me, as well as for the love, support, and prayers.
I love you!
Love,

Sister Megan Hills



No comments:

Post a Comment