Monday, August 12, 2013

Week 14....I think...

Hey Everyone!
This week was amazing! :)  We had 2 investigators come to church yesterday and then we found 4 NEW INVESTIGATORS! :D  It was such an awesome week.  Tuesday we had exchanges.  Sister Cox came here to Lake Sawyer with me and Sister Hopkins went up to Renton with Sister Pearson (Sister Cox's companion).  Sister Cox was here in Lake Sawyer the transfer before I got here, so it was old stomping ground for her.  I learned so much from Sister Cox and am so thankful for the time that I was able to spend with her.  On Tuesday, we were able to tract into a guy named Steve.  We just started talking to him and Sister Cox asked him if he had any questions for us.  He couldn't really think of any but he did mention that he had just found out that 4 of his family members had passed away within the last 2 years and no one bothered to tell him about their funerals.  We were able to teach him a little bit about the Plan of Salvation and were able to testify to him that he would be able to see his family members again.  It was such a neat and fun experience to be able to share that with him at a time when he really needed it.
On Wednesday, we were going to go visit Sam (an investigator that is living with a family in our ward as a foster child) and share a message with him, but he wasn't home.  A couple of his neighbors were outside in their yards so we decided to go see if they needed any help with anything.  The first person we talked to was really nice but wasn't super interested in learning more about the Church.  We then walked across the street to go talk to a lady that was outside trimming her trees.  We walked up to her and asked her if she wanted any help.  Sort of sarcastically, she said, "Sure."  We put our bags and stuff down to go help her and then she was like, "I really think I am okay though."  We asked if she was sure and she said, "Yeah."  We kept talking to her and found out that her name is Lisa and that her 21-year-old daughter, Christina, is a member of the Church.  She told us that Christina started going to church when she was in 2nd grade.  Once she turned 18, she was baptized and is going to school at BYU-Idaho now.  We sat and visited with Lisa for a little bit and during our conversation, she mentioned that she has 2 sons (one of them has special needs) that haven't been baptized yet and she was worried that they wouldn't make it to heaven because they haven't been baptized, but then she changed the subject and just moved on.  We continued to talk to her and then we said a prayer with her.  When we finished saying the prayer, Sister Cox said, "While we were praying, I felt like I needed to tell you this:  You son who has special needs will make it to heaven because he is one of Heavenly Father's special angels, so he doesn't need to be baptized because of his specific circumstances."  Lisa said thanks for visiting with her, but I caught a glimpse of her face and she had tears in her eyes.  When we got back to the car, Sister Cox said, "Go back, and go back often!"  It was such a testimony builder to see her eyes wet with tears as Sister Cox was testifying about how her son would make it to heaven.  I could really feel the Spirit at that moment and I knew, without a shadow of a doubt, that Lisa could feel the Spirit testifying to her as well.  I think Lisa is so prepared to learn more about the Gospel and will hopefully continue to want to meet with us.
We were able to go on Splits with Sister Eaton (the Mission President's wife) on Wednesday!  That was such a fun experience!  Benefits to serving in the Mission President's ward! :D As we were walking up to the door, Sister Eaton was telling us that she didn't really know how to tract.  When we knocked on the first door, a guy came out and said, "Sorry, I was just exercising and doing some push-ups."  He was trying to explain what kind of push-ups he was doing, so he just decided to show us.  Then before you knew it, Sister Eaton was doing push-ups too!  And in a bright red pencil skirt at that!  It was such a funny thing to see, but it makes me love her so much more because she knew just to be herself.  We established that the guy's name is Raymond and HE CAME TO CHURCH YESTERDAY! :D  We were able to teach him a little bit about the Book of Mormon and a little bit about the Restoration as well.  It was so good and he is planning on coming to the Ward Fellowship Dinner on Wednesday night.  He seems really open to learning so I can't wait to teach him more.
Seneva had such a great time at the Temple doing Baptisms for the Dead on Saturday!  We were able to get half of our Recent Converts at the Temple that night so that was awesome! :D  I wished we would have been able to go but at the same time I am glad that they were able to experience it with other members of the Ward. :D
Mom, I did get Alli and AJ's box for my birthday!  I loved it! :)  I had talked about it in my letter I sent with my camera cards so that's why you haven't heard anything about it yet.  Apparently I didn't put enough postage on the envelope before I sent it so it just got in the mail on Saturday with the right amount of postage, so look for it this week :) I did get the card in your birthday box as well :)  Thank you so much for that!  The apricot jam arrived safely and unbroken!  I have been having butter and apricot jam toast for quite a few days since I got it :)  The mother's cookies were super delish!  A couple of them were broke a little bit but the majority of them were just fine.  The Pita Chips were really good :)  I'm slowly eating them :) I am going to keep that red cardigan :)  It works really well with my dress :)  The other red cardigan I was talking about was the one that looks a little bit like a blazer.  It's long and has a little collar like a blazer does.  Thanks a bunch for everything!

That's about it for the week! :) I love all of you and am so thankful for all that you do for me!  Keep me updated about what's going on in life!

Love,

Sister Megan Hills 




No comments:

Post a Comment