Monday, June 10, 2013

Week 5 :) One more week until transfers!

Hey Hey everyone!

Can you believe that I have only 1 week left before I might be moving again!?  I can't believe it!  Wherever I get transferred to (if I get transferred) on Tuesday will determine which mission I am going to be in for the next 16 months.  Kind of scary!  I am so excited though to see where I am going to be.

This last week was quite good actually! :)  We were able to participate in Sister Elaine Weaver's baptism! :)  I was so happy for them!  It was such a great experience!  The Spirit was there really strong and it strengthened my testimony of the ordinance of Baptism.  I was able to do the special musical number along with a lady that is in our ward and it was fantastic!  I normally am so nervous to perform in front of people but Saturday I was really calm and collected while I sang.  Both Elaine and her 8-year-old son, Garin, were both so excited and they were so happy after the baptismal service was done! :)  When Sister Weaver invited her mother-in-law to the baptism, she didn't tell her that she was getting baptized, only that Garin was.  So her mother-in-law walked in, picked up a program, and sat down.  She talked with everyone and then started to look at the program.  All of the sudden, she asked "Is Elaine getting baptized too!?"  Bruce, Sister Weaver's husband, said, "No. Her name is just on there because she is Garin's mom."  The whole time, Sister Weaver and Garin were standing behind the door that leads to the font so Sister Weaver's mother-in-law couldn't see them.  Sister Crockett and I opened up the door into the font, and when the mother-in-law saw both Elaine and Garin standing there, she burst into tears!  It was such a cool experience because she was so happy for both of them!  I will include some pictures :)

This week we were also able to go visit Elizabeth a couple times!  That's a huge deal because she's always sick or not home so it's difficult to meet with her.  We were able to teach her about the Restoration as well as a little bit about the priesthood.  We then asked her about if she wanted a priesthood blessing and she said she really would like one, so that's scheduled for sometime this week.  She had said that she was going to come to Sister Weaver's baptism and to church, but she called Saturday morning and didn't sound good.  She was sick again! :(  Hopefully we can get in touch with her this week and be able to teach her again.  She has really been taking in those things that we are teaching her though so I think she will continue to progress. :)

The only thing that has been a little difficult this week is just trying to find new investigators.  Most of the time, we find people who aren't interested so that's a bit difficult but we are continuing to press forward and work hard.  Even though finding new investigators has been rough, it still has been a fabulous week! :)

Thank you guys so much for everything that you do for me!  I feel of your prayers and your love.  If you could keep Brother Sanchez in your prayers for me that would be great.  We are working so hard to help him realize he needs to be baptized and that it will help him in the difficult situation that he's in right now but he's being a little bit stubborn.  Thanks a bunch! :)

I love you guys!

Love,
Sister Megan Hills


P.S. Mom, I won't be emailing until Tuesday next week since it is transfers.  Talk to you then!








No comments:

Post a Comment