Monday, October 13, 2014

Week 75

Hey Everyone!
This week was great!  Really interesting but it was awesome because the Spirit was so strong :)  I attribute that strong spirit to us really talking with everyone that we saw :)  Even though it wasn't a whole lot of people, we worked really hard at talking with everyone and it was awesome!  I will just go through the week and give you an update :)
Monday:  We were able to bring the Epperson's with us to our lesson with Shakita and it was awesome!  We helped answer Shakita's son's question by using the Book of Mormon.  The Spirit was super strong and the Epperson's added just the right stuff to the lesson :)
Tuesday:  We had Zone Meeting all about Keeping the Sabbath Day Holy.  It was really good :)  Courtney had her baby early Tuesday morning :)  I haven't seen her yet because I have been sick but hopefully sometime this week!  I've heard she's really cute though!
Wednesday:  Had a really good lesson with Shakita and her family again :)  We also found a new investigator Wednesday afternoon :)  Her name is Monique and she seems pretty cool!  We taught the Restoration and then invited her to be baptized and she said she would think/pray about it and we would talk about it when we meet with her this week :)  I am excited to meet with her tomorrow and help her feel the spirit :)
Thursday:  This is where the week got really interesting.  So that afternoon, the Elders needed our car to go on exchanges so we said we would walk all afternoon :)  When we got home and went and grabbed the key, we decided that we would leave the car where it was at while we went and ate dinner (the Elders had parked the car in their assigned spot: 295).  One hour later,  we went back to the car and it was GONE!  We were so confused... Long story short, the Elders had accidentally parked the car in 294, not 295 so our car got towed.... can I just say headache.  We called Elder Bryant (he's over all the cars in the mission) and he said we would deal with it in the morning because it cost less to get it out in the morning.  We ended up walking around for about 1 hour before we had to go inside and on the way home, we were stopped by Brother and Sister Bustemonte.  They asked us if we wanted to come to their apartment and have some hot cocoa :)  We ended up having a great member lesson with them and were able to help them with some of their own missionary work.
Friday:  We drove up to Kent with Sister Bustemonte and picked up our car.  
Saturday:  I woke up super tired because I had taken some NyQuil before I went to bed because I have had a stuffy nose and a cough for the last few days.  The medicine totally hadn't worn off so Sister Eaton let me sleep a little longer to have it get out of my system.  Later that morning, we received a text message from someone in our ward about a member.  They had been in a car accident Friday night and they had passed away.  Both Sister Evans-Bottoms and I were shocked!  When we went out to work, we felt like we needed to share a message on the Atonement with someone but we had no clue who that was going to be.  We were then led to the family in our ward that needed us as we drove around and tried to figure out where we needed to be.  We arrived at this family's house at the perfect time because the parents were getting a blessing and they needed the kids to be busy with something else so we were able to share a message with the kids.  It was awesome!  Such a Spirit-filled morning!
Sunday:  Church and normal missionary work.  Mom, Brooke and Everleigh came to church today with their bags and they were so excited that they had them :)
I hope everyone had a great week and had some awesome things happen this week!  I love and appreciate all of you!

Sister Megan Hills

No comments:

Post a Comment