Monday, July 7, 2014

Week 61

Hey!
I hope everyone had a great 4th of July week!  I know I did!  A member in our ward was having a party from 12-6pm and we got to go for an hour which was awesome!  Brother Jarstad is an eye doctor so he has a huge house and they had a live band at their party.  I think the lead singer of Kiss was in the band so Brother Jarstad had Brother Shaffer paint his face like the lead singer of Kiss and ended up dressing up like Kiss :)  It was so funny!  That's the pic of the week :D
I think the highlight of this week was our lesson with our new investigator, Carey!  Carey is awesome!  She grew up Catholic but is now attending a Christian church.  She lives with her in-laws, who are ordained ministers for the church that she attends.  She decided that she wants to pursue her own path so that's how we ended up teaching her.  We were able to have a lesson with her and it was awesome! She is such a great lady! She had a few questions which we answered but we taught her most of the Restoration while we were there :) We talked a lot about the Book of Mormon too and she asked if she could keep the copy that we had given her to look at :) We have another appointment with her on Tuesday and we can't wait!
We also were able to swing by Shelia's to see how she was doing and to help her understand the Priesthood a little bit better and that went well. It definitely went better than I thought it was going to.  She said that she understood it better especially how we explained it.  Hopefully her heart will continue to be softened and she will be more willing to follow the Savior.
So HUGE news this week!  Officially in the fall we will be getting IPads :)  It's going to be so exciting!  But of course, it's right before I go home :D  Oh well :D  Here's the link:  http://www.mormonnewsroom.org/article/church-expands-use-of-digital-devices-for-missionary-work?cid=HPFR062714276
So this week, I have been thinking a lot about the Priesthood, especially because of what happened last week with our investigator.  I was reading "Continue in Patience"  by President Uchtdorf and had a cool thought :)  President Uchtdorf said, "Let us always remember that one of the reasons God has entrusted the priesthood to us is to help prepare us for eternal blessings by refining our natures through the patience which priesthood service requires."  I thought about how females learn patience (as well as other attributes) as we raise our children and nurture them, but how men aren't normally home raising the kids to learn those attributes.  Heavenly Father gave the men the priesthood so that they have the opportunity to develop those attributes so they can become more like the Savior.
Mom, sleeping has been better this week :)  Thank goodness!  I hopefully will continue to sleep well :)  One other thing, there is a lady in my ward whose name is Christine Evans and she is related to Bishop David Evans :)  I can't remember which wife she is related to but I'm pretty sure it's not Mary Beck.  It was so cool to talk to her about it and to see some of the books that she has about Bishop David Evans.
Dad, random thought but we were going to an appointment for Sister Swapp up in Renton and there is an iFly on our way up there :)  I remember when you went there and I think about you every time I see that place :)
I hope everyone has a fantastic week!  Love you all!
Love,

Sister Megan Hills


No comments:

Post a Comment