Monday, September 22, 2014

Week 72

Hey Everyone!
This week was pretty good :) It was nice because we had back to back appointments Wednesday-Friday so it was actually a pretty fun week! It's been cool this week, especially on those days when we didn't have a lot of appointments to receive promptings from the Spirit and to follow them! Saturday was one of our slower days so we set aside a lot of time to do some contacting. When we have been contacting, we have been doing a TON of walking!  From Friday-Saturday, we walked 10.5 miles :)  It was awesome but now I am so sore!  On Saturday, we were over by a less-active's home so we went to see how she was doing. We talked with her for a minute and then left because it wasn't a good time for them. Well, next to her house is a park and there were a couple families there. We walked back to our car and Sister Evans-Bottoms was debating whether to go talk to them or not. I told her that it must have been a prompting from the Holy Ghost so we should. We went over and started to talk with them. We found out that one family were members and the other family was not. We were able to talk to them for a little bit and share how the Gospel blesses families. It was really cool to see how acting on a prompting from the Spirit really helps the work move forward :)
Something that Sister Evans-Bottoms and I talked about after that experience is how the promptings that we receive from the Spirit seem to not be as strong as they have before. We talked about why that could be and what we could do to change it. We decided that we are going to study Chapter 4 of Preach My Gospel this week personally and as a companionship. I can't wait to study that chapter and be able to recognize those promptings even better.
We also were able to have a good lesson with Shakita and her family!  We talked with them about prayer and it ended up being a good lesson.  We have a lesson with them tonight so we are going to hopefully commit her to be baptized :)  Can't wait to see how it goes :)  We also had a really good lesson with our investigator Stephanie.  I don't remember if I have talked about Stephanie and Ryan or not but they are awesome!  We watched "The Hope of God's Light" with her and it was awesome!  The Spirit was so strong and it was fun to teach her :)
I have also set a goal to work as hard as I can in the last 5 weeks and make them count! I am going to talk to everyone that I see and invite investigators to make changes in their lives. I am also going to prioritize my time so that I am spending my time in a way that I can bring as many people as I can to the Gospel and closer to the Savior. I am so thankful for the opportunity that I have to serve here in the Federal Way Mission and to make my 18 months count!

Picture:  So we were driving to an appointment and saw this house!  It's huge!!!  Then we saw it was for sale so we grabbed a paper to see how much it was going to cost and realized it's not a house.... It's a 4-plex!!!  It was so big and it totally looks like a huge house since it's painted all the same color.  Crazy things you see in Federal Way :)

Hope everyone has a great week!  Keep up the good work and remember Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ LOVE you!
Love,

Sister Megan Hills

No comments:

Post a Comment