This week was pretty good :) It was definitely a very spiritual week, with Zone Conference and Stake Conference. I learned so much at Zone Conference that I am excited to work into the work here in Lakota Creek :)
* Monday: We had a great preparation day and then we also had a great lesson with Joy, a less-active in our ward. The Spirit was SO strong in our lesson. We talked about the Book of Mormon and how it blesses our lives. It was sad to see how she wouldn't commit to read the Book of Mormon every day, just because she likes to read other things. I know that she felt the Spirit though, because we felt it. I know that all of us will find strength and power in the Book of Mormon as we read it everyday.
* Tuesday: Zone Conference! I love Zone Conferences! They are always so powerful and amazing! This Zone Conference, we talked a bunch about the Atonement and how to apply it into our lives. 2 things that I learned:
1) D&C 84: 19-21
This scripture says that in order to fully access the power of the Atonement of Christ in our lives, we have to partake of the ordinances of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. I love that it teaches us that. We truly have to partake of all the ordinances of the gospel (baptism, endowment, sealings, etc.) in order to have full access to the Atonement of Jesus Christ.
2) Sister Eaton told this story of a little boy that was playing a game or sport with other kids. This little boy wasn't doing great but at the end of the game, he told his parents, "I won because I never gave up!" I think that this is such a great thing to remember, especially when you don't think that you are being successful. As long as we are trying to do our best, we will always succeed :)
* Wednesday: Normal missionary work... Talking with everyone that we saw and taught a few really great lessons.
* Thursday: We met with our investigator Courtney. It was a super good lesson :) We taught her and her family the Plan of Salvation and it went super well :) You could really feel the Spirit in the lesson and I can't wait to go teach her again tonight :)
* Friday: More service at Steel Lake Park :) It was so fun! :) We were laying sod and finishing up the last little things before the park opens again in 3 weeks :) They are almost done and it is looking great! :) I got super soaked this time around because it was raining again and the sprinklers came on while we were working but it was fun all the same! :)
* Saturday: Normal everyday missionary work again :) We were able to go to the Adult Session of Stake Conference, which was something new for us as missionaries :) They talked about hastening the work and it was so good! :) One of the speakers was a recent convert of 2 months but he sounded like he had been a member his entire life! He did such a great job and he talked about the Holy Ghost and how that is how he knew that the Gospel was true. It was so powerful! The Stake President also spoke and his talk was awesome too! Something he said that I really liked was "the Gospel is like music. it doesn't need to always be defended but it does need to be played." We just need to "play" the gospel and get it out into the world, regardless of what results come from it.
* Sunday: We had the General Session of Stake Conference. It was so good! :) Such an uplifting conference :) One of the Counselors in the Stake Presidency spoke and he talked about coal fires that happen in the mines. He talked about 2 types of fires that could be burning within us, 1) the fire of pride, and 2) the fire of murmuring. While he was taking about the fire of murmuring, he told the parable that is in D&C 101: 43-64. He talked about how the Lord of the vineyard wanted his servants to build a tower for a watchman. He then talked about how we need to build towers in times of peace so that we can be prepared. The Seattle Temple President and his wife was at Stake conference as well and they talked a lot about the temple and how we are blessed as we serve in the temple :) Then the Stake President, President Nicholls, talked about having hope in the Atonement. He talked a lot about how perfection is not the standard to enter the temple, and how it isn't a standard to even to enter the Celestial Kingdom. He also talked about how we can receive Christ's grace: 1) we have to believe that Christ can save us, 2) We need to make and keep the covenants of the gospel, 3) we need to pursue virtue. He also made some great promises to us as we have hope in the Atonement.
This week was such a great one, one definitely filled with the Spirit! I am so thankful for this time that I have to feel and recognize the Spirit in my life and that I have this opportunity to help others feel and recognize those promptings that they receive :)
Thanks for everything :) Hope everyone has a great week! Love you all!
Sister Megan Hills