Monday, November 11, 2013

Week 27 :)

Hey everyone!
This week was really good! :)  We had some really good lessons with some of the Less-active members of the ward and we were able to have a pretty good lesson with one of our former investigators.  We were able to go to Joyce's home and teach her.  Sister Logan (one of the senior missionaries in the Elk Plain ward) was able to come with us and help us know how to teach Joyce better.  From that lesson, we were able to determine that Joyce is not yet willing to pray to know that the Book of Mormon is the Word of God and that Joseph Smith is the Prophet of the Restoration.  It really broke my heart to see her not willing to progress in the gospel but I know that eventually her heart will be softened enough that she will come to know of the happiness that the gospel can bring into her life.  I'm hoping that it is sooner rather than later but you never know what Heavenly Father has in store for those people that we teach.  We are still working hard at trying to use all of our resources to find new investigators but it's been a little bit difficult.  This week will be so great with working to find those individuals who are prepared to learn about and accept the gospel!  I can't wait! :)  I am hoping that we can really start singing more in lessons and possibly be able to find others to teach as we do that. :)
On Friday, we had ZONE CONFERENCE!  I always LOVE zone conference because we have the opportunity to learn from President and Sister Eaton.  I learn so much from them so I always look forward to when we have zone conference.  It was absolutely amazing and I learned so much that I can start applying in my every day life!  We also were able to learn from our Stake President, President Almond.  He is great!  He talked to us about how prayer is our "open-door policy" (like when you have the opportunity for college to go into class and ask the professor any questions that you want to help you on an upcoming test) and how Heavenly Father is the Professor.  He talked a lot about how even though prayer is that "open-door policy," we need to be willing to be still and listen to what Heavenly Father has to say to us because He knows what is going to be on the test and He will always let us know if we 1) ask Him and 2) Be still and listen.  It was such an eye-opener for me and it made my testimony grow.  I am so thankful for this opportunity and privilege to be here and to be learning so many things about the gospel and developing so many life skills.
Other than that, the week was about the same with how the work was going.  I am so excited for this week and can't wait to be a part of it.  It's definitely going to be busy.  We have exchanges tomorrow, a meeting on Thursday, a ward activity (Latino Night) on Friday, breakfast with President Almond (all the missionaries in the Stake and their Bishops) on Saturday morning, and then we are singing in Church and teaching Gospel Essentials on Sunday!  It's going to be great!
Thanks for all of your prayers and all the support.  I appreciate it so much!  Have a great week!
Love,
Sister Megan Hills


Mosiah 2:41

No comments:

Post a Comment