Saturday, April 27, 2013

Week 1! :)

Hey everyone!

Surprise!!!! You get an email from me 2 days earlier than you expected! :) The MTC has been great! :) They tell us that this shouldn't be like youth conference or EFY but that's exactly what the MTC feels like! :) My companion is awesome!  It's Sister Rachel Morrow (she's a girl I met on the sister missionary page on Facebook)!  I have enjoyed getting to know her and can't wait to get to know her even better! :) We get along so well and I will be super sad to split with her when we get into the field.  My district is amazing!  It consists of Sister Morrow and myself, Sister Brooke Taylor and Sister Hopkins (she's the girl i met in institute a couple days before I left for the MTC), Sister Lee and Sister Stauffer, and three Elders; Elder Larsen, Elder Turney, and Elder Dawson.  I have learned so much from these awesome missionaries and can't wait to learn even more!

Today is our P-Day and it's been great so far! :) We woke up early (and might I say that I haven't complained once about getting out of bed yet (: ) and exercised, then we got ready for the day, then went to breakfast and now I am here.  We now have personal time until around 2ish and then we have a planning session before we go to the Provo Temple!  I am so excited to go!  

They have kept us SO busy every single day.  We go from one class to a workshop, to studying, back to class, and then home for the night (with eating breaks in between). I have been learning so much and can't wait to put it into action up in Seattle! :) On Thursday we had the opportunity to meet with our Branch Presidency.  My new branch president is President Stice and he is awesome!  He talks about how he wants us to be exceptional missionaries and how he wants us to do that! :) I have really enjoyed the time we have to do personal study.  I have been studying the attributes of Christ and have loved learning more about them and how I can apply them to my life. :)

So for investigators, we are teaching a sweet girl named Violet.  Sister Morrow and I didn't know we were going to be teaching her until about 1 hour before we were going to teach her.  We had an outline of what we were going to teach John (our other investigator that 2 of our companionships in our district are teaching) but we only really had 15 minutes to plan on what to teach Violet.  I was quite nervous because I'm not great at teaching very well, but we went in there with the Spirit and was able to teach Violet about her loving Heavenly Father and Christ's Atonement.  It was so cool to see her reaction to it all and to tell that she was in tune with the Spirit.  It was so cool to see how if we teach by the Spirit, you can bring others to Christ.

Mom, thank you so much for the letter you sent me.  I was so excited to see that it was from you!  I realized that I forgot the cord for my camera to put pictures on the computer so could you send me it if you get a chance :) it's on my top shelf in my closet in the box still.  And also please send me my blue top I got from JC Penney's and my small hymn book (it should be on my desk in my room). I realized that I didn't pack those either. :) oops!

I am so thankful that I am here and that I have the opportunity to be here to learn more about bringing others to Christ.  It is such a neat experience and I would say to anyone that is wondering if they should go or not, GO!  It is an experience that you will never get at another time in your life.  I am so thankful for this gospel and for all that it means to me.  I know that Jesus Christ is our Savior and that He loves all of us very much! :) 



Pictures:

There is one of my companion and I in front of the big map :) There is also one of our district! :) 

I love all of you guys and am so thankful for the support you give me! 

Love,
Sister Megan Hills

P.S. Mom I sent you a letter in the mail with some more details! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment