Sunday, November 2, 2014

Memories of the BIG DAY!!!

As our extended family assembled at the airport to welcome her home it was a great feeling. Waiting for her to come down the escalator was a bit difficult especially when several of the Elders had already come down the escalator and was enjoying catching up with their families. But when I first saw Megan at the top of the escalator, my heart was over joyed for what we had experienced together. There was nothing like it. We had done something that was hard and we had been successful. Megan was home again and our family was complete. 

Minutes later, while watching her interact with our family and extended family, I realized the "old Meg" was back. Her happy, laughing, smiling self was back home and she was the same Meg I'd sent off 18 months before. All of the worry and longing to talk to her and hug her was gone and things were back to how they were before she'd left. It was funny how quickly things fell into place again. It had indeed been a great ride. One I am so thankful I got to be apart of and to take with her. I am so proud of all she's accomplished and all she has learned. I will forever be grateful that she chose to serve! It really is the best 18 months/2 years of their life!















No comments:

Post a Comment